What Is A Media Buyer?
The literal translation of a Media Buyer is someone that buys media space. In our digital space, it is someone that buys traffic or advertising space online through different social media and search engine platforms such as Facebook, Google, YouTube etc.
A media buyer should be involved in the organization, execution, and optimization process of any advertising campaign. A High-Performance Media Buyer Should:
- Understand the business objective
- Understand the business strategies to achieve the business objective
- Understand the target audience
- Come up with the advertising angles
- Set up the advertising campaigns
- Test with different advertising angles, offers, target audience
- Analyze the advertising campaign data
- Optimize the advertising campaigns based on the data
- Scale the advertising campaigns up to generate more desired conversions